- Meeting dates,
times, and locations
- Other Important Dates
- Agendas and Minutes
- Contact Information
- Financial Information
- Photo Gallery
To apply, please download and fill out application and drop it off at the Information Counter on the first floor of the Sol Center in the USU or email a scanned copy to Graduate Assistant, BOD.
Start Living the Matador Life by making decisions to benefit the entire student body, building a network of professionals and promising students, enhancing your leadership skills, and learning how a multi-million dollar organization operates. You could be the one who brings new services to the USU and the change students want to see. An open seat is waiting for you.
In the last few years, the USU Board of Directors (BOD) and its committees have renovated the USU, voted to increase funding for large-scale events such as Matador Nights, and launched the referendum to build the Student Recreation Center. Start doing more now, on your campus, with the BOD.
Are you interested in joining the USU BOD? There are three ways to get involved:
- Run for a seat on the BOD in the Spring Elections. Each spring, students run in the AS/USU elections for five of the ten student seats. Learn more about elections.
- Apply for an open seat on the BOD if there are any vacancies. Contact the BOD Graduate Assistant to find out about any current vacancies.
- Join a BOD Committee. Join one of the standing committees to learn about the BOD and the USU and develop skills for your future. The standing committees include: the audit committee, the facilities and commercial services committee, the finance committee, and the personnel committee. Students who serve on committees and demonstrate leadership potential are always encouraged to run for a seat on the BOD.
Students who serve on the BOD or a committee must have a minimum cumulative and semester 2.0 GPA, and must have completed at least one semester at California State University, Northridge.
If you would like more information about the BOD or are interested in applying for an open position, please provide your information below and we’ll be in touch soon.
|Joseline Cubas||Graduate Assistant, Board of Directors||(818) 677-6578|
|Shannon Krajewski||Associate Director, Marketing and Programs||(818) 677-6494|
- July 22, 2013*
- August 26, 2013
- September 16, 2013
- October 21, 2013
- November 18, 2013
- December 2, 2013
- January 27, 2014
- February 17, 2014
- March 17, 2014
- April 14, 2014
- May 5, 2014
- June 9, 2014
Meetings are held on Mondays in the Grand Salon, USU at 12:30 p.m.
*July 22, 2013 meeting is held the Sala de la Osa, SSU
|Other Important USU BOD Dates|
|BOD Summer Retreat||June 27–28, 2013|
|Summer Student Summit||August 21|
|Holiday — Labor Day||September 2|
|Matador Nights||September 6|
|NIRSA Region VI — Conference — UCLA||November 6–7|
|NIRSA Region VI — Lead On — UCLA||November 8–9|
|Holiday — Veteran’s Day||November 11|
|ACUI Region 15 Conference —
University of Hawaii at Manoa
|Holiday — Thanksgiving||November 28–29|
|Fall Final Exams||December 9–13|
|Winter Break||December 24–January 1, 2014|
|AOA Conference — Sacramento||January 12–15, 2014|
|Holiday — Martin Luther King, Jr.||January 20, 2014|
|Winter Student Summit||January 22|
|Holiday — Cesar Chavez Day||March 31|
|ACUI Annual Conference — Orlando, FL||April 5–10|
|Spring Recess||April 7–11|
|NIRSA — Annual Conference — Nashville, TN||April 23–26|
|Matador Nights||April 25|
|BOD Year-End Celebration||May 2|
|Spring Final Exams||May 12–16|
|Holiday — Memorial Day||May 26|
|BOD Orientation||June 2|
- Board of Directors
- Audit Committee
- Facilities and Commercial Services Committee
- Finance Committee
- Personnel Committee
- Retirement Plan Committee
- The USU Board members will assist in promoting and supporting the successful opening of the Student Recreation Center.
- The USU Board will examine the feasibility of developing/funding resource centers (i.e., LGBTQ, Veterans) within the USU.
- The USU Board will assist in creating concepts and plans related to the development of a "Wellness Center" within the USU.
- The USU Board will develop an ad-hoc strategic planning committee that will examine current relevant assessments, data, surveys and information and make recommendations for future plans.
|Debra L. Hammond||Executive Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Shelley Ruelas||University Representativeemail@example.com|
|Sharon Eichten||University Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jaclyn Kietzman||Staff Representativeemail@example.com|
|Ivor Weiner||Faculty Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tonee Sherrill||Alumni Representativeemail@example.com|
|Kandee Bracero||Student Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tiffany Castellanos||Student Representativeemail@example.com|
|Jorge Guzman||Student Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Diana Madueno||Student Representativeemail@example.com|
|David O’Neill||Student Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gavan Rathje||Student Representativeemail@example.com|
|Nicole Riley||Student Representativefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Demontae Thompson||Student Representativeemail@example.com|
Associated Students Liaison
|Christopher Woolett||Associated Students
|* This position serves as a liasion to the Board of Directors and is not eligible to vote.|
|Finance Commitee Chair||Demontae Thompsonfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Personnel Committee Chair|
|Facilities and Commercial Services Chair|
|Food Service Advisory Committee||Vacant|
|Student Fee Advisory Board||Vacant|
back to top